Hi Guys!!! Today was the last zoom class and the last day to turn in bonus!!:) I have pulled all bonus and am going to put it on edline in just a few minutes. The bonus was worth 100 points if you did it all, and it will go under your Reading grade for the 3rd nine weeks. Grades will probably be finished by Monday, May 18.
Thanks for being so understanding during this time, and Y'all have a great summer!!
Outlook for May 11-15
Your last chance for bonus, bonus #4, is below. It is due by Monday, May 11th by 3:00 pm.
Bonus #4 is posted on IReady and is due by Monday, May 11th. https://login.i-ready.com/ The two bonus lessons on IReady for this week are:
A. Comparing Texts on the Same Topic
B. Historical Fiction Versus Nonfiction
Our last zoom class is Monday, May 11th. Please do the two assignments before joining the class, so you will be ready to answer the questions. The assignments are below
Well, it’s been quite a year!! I have enjoyed being y’alls ELA teacher this year. Have a great summer!! Final grades will be out sometime next week.:)
For the week of May 4-8:
1. Bonus #3 is posted on IReady and is due by Friday, May 8th. https://login.i-ready.com/ The two bonus lessons on IReady for this week are:
A. Analyzing Different Structures of Poetry
B. Analyzing Poetic Elements and Structures
2. Review Work for this week is posted below. If you plan on joining the zoom classes, make sure you have your answers written down and ready to share your answers with the class. There are 2 lessons for Monday's zoom and 2 for Wednesday's
For the week of April 27-May 1:
1. Bonus #2 is posted on IReady and is due by Friday, May 1 https://login.i-ready.com/ The two bonus lessons on IReady for this week are:
A. Analyzing Development of a Theme
B. Determining Word Meaning: Literary Text
2. Review Work for this week is posted below. If you plan on joining the zoom classes, make sure you have your answers written down and ready to share your answers with the class. (on google classroom)
After talking, texting, and emaoiling several students and parent yesterday and today, let me just say this...please DO NOT stress!! All of this work is optional!! Grades for the year are done unless you NEED bonus for the third nine weeks. If you need (need!!) the bonus, then do the bonus. The bonus is marked as Bonus on your google classroom page with the due date. (Bonus is seperate from review work!! You do not have to do zoom for bonus!)The review assignments and zoom are just that, review!! They are great to do, but you can do the review work whenever. Again, do not stress. We will get through this!!:)
Hi Everyone! I hope you are well and happy!! Please go to our Google Classroom for new updates, information about Review Work (iReady), Zoom, Bonus, and Grades. Email me any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s what I have posted on Google: (A-D)
- Hi Everybody!! I sent your parents a text the other day about a few things going on. We will continue to have review materials here on Google Classroom for the next 4 weeks. All grades for the year are done unless you want to add some points to your 3rd nine weeks grade. The bonus work will be on this Google page marked as BONUS. In order for you to get the bonus points you have to complete all the bonus work and have it turned in to me by the designated time and day for the next 4 weeks. Your 4th nine weeks grade will come from averaging your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd nine weeks together. If you have questions about your grade email me email@example.com and we will talk about it. I will be having Zoom classes on Mon. and Wed. at 1:00. (This is NOT the bonus work!! Bonus work is separate on this google page) In these zoom classes we will be working on review topics and you will receive work to be completed prior to the next zoom class. I will post the zoom login on here, Google Classroom, before each session. Again email me if you have questions firstname.lastname@example.org
Below this post I have posted:
1. Work that is due by Wed., April 22 to share on zoom class
2. Review work that is due by our Zoom class on Mon., April 27
3. 1st Bonus work
- Work for our Zoom class April 22 at 1:00 (This is NOT Bonus!!!! Bonus is seperate. You do not have to do zoom to get bonus!)
Have a journal entry written and ready to share with the class on April 22. Yes, you will read them to the class!!! Choose ONE journal entry to write and share:
1. Likes/Dislikes of the Quarantine
2. I was Looking Forward to __________ but it was Cancelled
3. One Thing I Wish We Would All Learn from this is __________ (and why)
4. An Average Quarantine Day for me Looks Like........
5. My Go-To Snack, Movie, TV Show, Game, Activity Have Been....…
C. Review Work. This is NOT bonus. This is work to be completed before our zoom class on April 27! (this is a link on google classroom)
- 1st Bonus: We will be working with IReady. You will need to have the two lesson that are assigned on IReady completed by the time indicated on that site. (You have 1 week to complete the two assignments) Your assignments will be checked each week to determine the amount of bonus you will receive. Bonus will continue for the next 4 weeks. Complete the bonus each week (for 4 weeks) in the given time frame to receive the bonus points for your 3rd nine weeks grade.
This week the two assignments for bonus on IReady must be completed by Friday, April 24 by 3:00. Remember you are using the same username and password that you use for IMath
This week the two lessons on IReady for bonus are titled:
1. Understanding Connotative Meaning
2. Citing Evidence: Informational Text