Monday, September 9th, 2019
- BellRinger – Quote: “People see what they want to see, and what people want to see never has anything to do with the truth.” – Roberto Bolano
- Google Classroom: Thinking critically questions
- List five “superstars” who appear to lead incredible lives, yet face their own share of problems
- Why do we perceive their lives to be so great?
- Discuss the problems these people have had to face
- Have you ever modified your behavior to fit into a group or so that people would treat you differently?
- Why is it sometimes difficult for us to just “be ourselves”?
- Chapter 2 Quick Quiz!
- Partner 2 FlipGrid interview comments: THREE comments (three things you didn’t know; two things they did well; one thing they need to improve upon)
Homework: Vocab test Thursday
Tuesday, September 10th, 2019
- BellRinger – Quote: “Nothing can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Partner 3 Flipgrid interviews (focus on eye contact and self-confidence)
- Assign Interview Speech and criteria (outline due Thursday, September 19th)
Homework: Vocabulary Test Thursday!
Wednesday, September 11th, 2019
- BellRinger – Quote: “You never truly understand a man until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.” – Atticus Finch
- Review and define the ten planks of confidence (quiz on this and vocabulary tomorrow!)
- Study for test
Homework: Vocab test & ten planks of confidence test tomorrow
Thursday, September 12th, 2019
- BellRinger – Quote: “I am standing in the ashes of who I used to be.”
- Chapter Three vocabulary test
- The ten planks of confidence quiz
- Complete the “To remember” section of Chapter 2
Friday, September 13th, 2019
- BellRinger – Quote: “Confidence is silent. Insecurities are loud.”
- Interview tips & tricks using the ten planks of confidence
- Complete “To Talk About” question #1
- Complete “To Write About” question #1 and #3