- Bell ringer: What stance did Jefferson take on the issues of taxes and governmental spending?
- Judicial review power point
- Read and annotate p. 262-263
- Answer p. 264 Jefferson and the Federal Courts
- Read and annotate p. 268-270 Westward Expansion: The Louisiana Purchase
- P. 271 Analyzing the Louisiana Purchase
- Bell ringer: Name some of the foreign challenges of Washington, Adams, and Jefferson.
- Louisiana Purchase Power point
- Read and annotate p. 268-270
- Answer p. 271
- Read and annotate p. 272-273
- Answer p. 274
- Bell ringer: Explain the difference between a monarchy, oligarchy, dictatorship, and democracy
- Read and annotate the War of 1812 passage p. 275-276 SR booklet
- Power point: Causes of War of 1812
- Read James Madison’s War message (SR booklet) p.277-278
- Exit ticket: Circle Map-War of 1812
- Bell ringer: Name the causes of the War of 1812.
- Read and annotate p. 277-278
- War of 1812 power point
- Read and annotate Second War for American Independence p. 279-280
- Groups: nation’s perspectives of war of 1812.
- Fill out pinwheel discussion chart for your group’s nation p. 289 SR booklet
1. Bell ringer: What was the War of 1812 also known as?
2. Group:Assigned reading passage and Finish pinwheel discussion chart for your nation
3. Pinwheel Discussion
4. Complete chart for each nation on p. 289 SR booklet
5. FA-One sentence summaries ofyour nation’s perspective.